I love how my house smells when I make food 🙂 #DELICIOSO
- 1 1⁄2cups long grain white rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4cup onion, finely diced
- 4 ounces el pato salsa fresca (or tomato sauce if you cant find el pato sauce)
- 2 1⁄2cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon sea salt
- in a bowl combine broth, cumin, chili powder, salt & half a can of regular tomato sauce.
- brown rice, in hot oil, in a large skillet for approximately 5 minutes flipping occasionally.
- add diced onion, minced garlic, sauté for 1 minute.
- add seasoned broth, bring to a boil.
- reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. do not check on the rice before the 15 minutes is up, this will allow steam to escape and may make your rice turn out undercooked.
- most of the water will absorb before the 15 minute time limit but keep covered and continue to steam for the entire 15 minutes. this will make for perfect rice that isnt crunchy.
- after 15 minutes turn heat off, uncover & flip rice over. recover & let sit until everything else is ready. you can let the rice sit covered for up to 25 minutes which will cook out most of the moisture & leave perfect fluffy rice.
Green smoothie that I call “Green Energy” I add frozen peaches, whey protien, unsweetened almond milk, handful of spinach, Maca honey, flax seeds, & bee pollen.
Mixed green chicken salad with apple slices & walnuts inside 😋 Soooo yummy!
Beans with Chicken drumsticks. Drumsticks were seasoned with salt & pepper. I also added onion slices, fresh garlic & brussel sprouts.
I’m obsessed with the Tazo Iced Passion herbal tea. I have been off diet coke for about a month now & I’m happy to say that I no longer crave soda. 😌 I’ve officially said goodbye to all carbonated drinks because they make me feel bloated & yucky.
When I was younger my mother would always take me to the best restaurants & she made me taste everything. She would say ” How can you know if you like it or not if you don’t taste it? If you don’t like it don’t eat it”