A list of photo friendly foundations:
Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup
MUD Cream Foundation
MAC Full Coverage Foundation
Maybelline Dream Liquid Airbrush Finish
Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation
Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder Foundation
Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup
Good Powders are:
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural
Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose Powder
1. Don’t use a foundation that contains SPF if you know you’re going to be photographed with a flash.
2. Don’t use a SPF and a SPF foundation if you know you’re going to be photographed.
3. Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide are mainly responsible for foundation flashback – but only when they are active ingredients (meaning in high concentrations).
4. If you’re using a SPF foundation then use a setting powder that has a colour to it (ie – make up for ever super matte loose – or any other colour powder). This will help shield you from the flashback.
5. If you’re a makeup artist doing bridal NO SPF what-so-ever unless its really really necessary.
6. HD powder that are 100% silica are a NO NO when using flash. They are the worst of the worst. Using a very light hand is fine, but if you apply with even the faintest of a heavy hand – well, you can see from the picture that i took.